29 April 2020
Our president, Andrea Guerrini, participated in the Online Panel Session: The Regulators Response, organized by the International Water Association (IWA).
The webinar, held on the 29th of May 2020, presented a broad set of regulators responses to the crisis of Covid19, highlighting short term responses and medium and long term strategies put in place by different countries to face the pandemic and economic crisis.
Learning objectives of the webinar were:
- What new challenges pose the current health crisis (COVID-19) in the regulation of water, sanitation and wastewater treatment services?
- How are regulators responding to these challenges and, in particular, what has been the articulation between actors (mainly government and
- How are regulation and regulators protecting essential services and customers?
- Examples from Italy, Hong Kong, Brazil and Portugal, with additional perspectives for Europe;
- How is the crisis today shaping the way in which the sector will be regulated tomorrow?
Panellists of the webinar were:
President Guerrini presented the response of the Italian Regulator, ARERA, and the experience of Wareg as a platform to share information and best practices even during a pandemic.